Low duty processor on Sony Ericsson W960i


First time I saw this cell phone I suddenly fell curious to explore its long list specification. And I was truly charmed when I found this 3G/HSPDA phone can go up to 3,6 Mbs speed. With Symbian v9.1, UIQ 3,0 Operating System I was convinced to get easy way to optimize the phone letter on when I decide to purchase. Continuing on reading the specs, this phone was supported by 8GB data storage. Once again I really sure can get huge number of song and any recording to be stored.


But a few days after I purchased this stuff, I start to fell punked by sony ericcson. I have reasons to say this; first, I found that the processor was adopted from previous series (W950i). this kind of processor (ARM9) has a speed of 206 MHz. its causing a slow respond when I open menus. Moreover when multitasking was performed such as activate walkman/radio modus, far away behind the speed of Nokia N95 with speed of 330 MHz.

And when I operate stylus pen for hand writing recognition, I was start to feel bothered, a fell uneasy to do this.

One again that I don’t like from this phone is its battery. Symbian UIQ operating system in W960i is energy consumer. With this polymer battery 950 mAh after fully charged can last only 2 days long. But dealing with network condition and intensity of performing multimedia features will lower its duty drastically.

No comments: